Sunday 16 January 2011

Research-Ann Geddes

Ann Geddes is an Australian portraiture photographer and clothing designer.  She is mostly famous for her images of baby photographs dressed as flowers and fairies etc.  You uses these images to make calendars, diaries and much more.  They can be bought as sinlge prints also. Ann Geddes' images are very popular and sell very well in lots of countries.  She has photographed babies for the past 25 years now and is influenced by their delicate beauty from the moment they are born.  I have always admired Ann's work, but since having my son I can really connect with her photographs.  Ann uses studio lighting with reflectors and fans to get the best photographs.

Cabbage Kids

I love this photograph, it's just so cute.  This is one of Ann's first photographed of her twins.  I think this series of photographs is the most famous.  I think most people would recognise her work from this series.





I'm sure some people may think that taking these photographs are cruel, but I think they are cute.  I'm sure all pictures are taken humanly as she is a mother herself and even uses her own children in the images.

All images on this blog page have been taken off the internet and are copyright to Anne Geddes

No comments:

Post a Comment